Operations Coordinator - Streets
Company: City of DeSoto, Texas
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
The purpose of the position is to provide first line support to
a work group or unit completing operational, construction or
maintenance activities. This is accomplished by planning and
organizing jobs; overseeing maintenance and repairs; coordinating
projects between departments; and maintaining records of work
performed. Other duties include training and enforcing safety
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works as lead for a unit or group by assigning work unit tasks;
scheduling equipment and services; overseeing the maintenance and
repair of equipment; ensuring all safety practices are followed;
and resolving unexpected problems.
- Schedules and assigns activities by reviewing and scheduling
priorities; reviewing, recording and filing work orders; and
referring jobs for contract work.
- Strives for safe work environment by scheduling and attending
training; scheduling safety meetings; ensuring safety equipment and
risk practices are followed; and filing claims as they occur.
- Maintains records by entering work information; recording
maintenance activities; and tracking job costs.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three years of experience on a crew in construction or
maintenance of streets, roadways, or similar activity
- Knowledge of methods, materials and techniques used in the
construction and maintenance of roadways
- Knowledge of standard safety processes, work gear and
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in
writing, with co-workers, the public, and elected and appointed
- Skill in the operation and use of standard office software
which includes databases and presentation programs, along with
standard Microsoft products
Keywords: City of DeSoto, Texas, DeSoto , Operations Coordinator - Streets, Other , Desoto, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!