Primary Care Physician - WellMed Medical Group - DeSoto, TX
Company: UnitedHealth Group Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
A partner of the OptumCare network, WellMed Medical Group (WMG)
is seeking an internal medicine or family medicine physician to
join our clinic in DeSoto, TX. We are transforming healthcare
nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Start doing
your life's best work(sm) with the largest care delivery
organization in the world.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of health care providers
- Our model is designed to provide the most efficient,
comprehensive and proven care techniques to treat the whole
patient-physically, mentally, and socially-at each visit
- "Quality vs. Quantity Model" - Typically see 14 to 16 patients
- Patient panel is predominately geriatrics with Medicare
- Incentives heavily weighted towards quality metrics
- Provider retention rate over 96%
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health
system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- Our care model limits daily volume to allow our providers the
time needed to provide quality care to their patients
- We offer clinical and leadership growth and stability second to
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining
the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Base Salary plus Annual Quality Incentive with a target of
- OptumCare Physician Partnership Plan
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan with Match, and UHG
Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Provider Services
At WellMed our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative
health care, striving to change the face of health care for
seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare
eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and
multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management
services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family
of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and
to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong
effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their
dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that
means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your
life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace.
2019 Optum Health & Technology. All rights reserved.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board certification or eligibility in Family or Internal
- Active, unrestricted medical license in Texas
- Valid DEA license
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients
and members on site, as this is an essential function of this
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the
ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering
your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth
Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site
each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must
comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when
in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a
mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
- A working understanding and support of a managed care
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians at the center
of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led
organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care
organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through
more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice
clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics,
surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused
on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change
through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality
care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Job Keywords: Primary Care, internal medicine, family medicine,
M.D., D.O., Desoto, TX, Texas
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group Inc., DeSoto , Primary Care Physician - WellMed Medical Group - DeSoto, TX, Other , Desoto, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!