Company: City of DeSoto, Texas
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Description Benefits Supplemental Questions
The purpose of the position is to provide customer service to
library patrons. This is accomplished by returning materials to the
appropriate area and position; working with patrons at any public
service desk; and responding to requests and inquiries. Other
duties may include processing library materials; aiding users in
locating materials; assisting with computer lab use; and assisting
with events or functions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides customer service to the public by working at any
public service desk; greeting users and assisting with requests;
directing patrons to the appropriate library area; updating user
information; processing, checking out and renewing materials;
completing patron registrations; assisting with computer lab use;
and collecting fines and fees.
- Returns materials to the shelves by arranging books and
materials for shelving; checking for damaged materials; and
returning damaged materials.
- Processes overdue material by reviewing information and
- High School graduation or equivalent
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in
writing, with co-workers, the public, and elected and appointed
- Skill in the operation and use of standard office software
which includes databases and presentation programs, along with
standard Microsoft products
- Ability to alphabetize and numerically sequence materials
Keywords: City of DeSoto, Texas, DeSoto , Library Clerk, Other , Desoto, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!